Monday, July 30, 2012

More fun than you can shake a stick at!


If you've ever wondered how much fun you can pack into a mere 48 hours, the answer is a TON! We started Friday night off with a bang in the form of a wedding of my former teacher partner Laura. It was sweet and non-traditional and 100% Laura. I wish her and Dan a long and happy life together.


Saturday morning came early after a late night at the wedding. Luckily, we had plans to run the first annual "Huff & Ruff" downtown. It was Annie's first event and we didn't know what to expect. Foolish us. She was amazing. She not only loved every single person, she was great with all the other dogs as well. We thought it was just a fun event. There wasn't any numbers or official timing so we just jogged our way through and finished in 4th place. Unfortunately the first 3 places actually won bottles of wine. Who knew. The 3rd place winner passed us while Annie was playing at the water station. If we would have actually tried we could have easily placed much higher. No worries, an excellent time was had by all!

Sunday was our 23rd wedding anniversary. I'm still trying to figure out how in the world it is possible that I've been married for 23 years. We've had a wonderful life and I wouldn't trade a thing. For Sean's birthday I got myself a motorcycle helmet and gloves and for our anniversary he got me a riding jacket. Armed with my new outfit it was time to prove to him how much I trust him and face my fear and get on the bike with him. Boy am I glad I did. It wasn't the most comfortable ride but that's the bike's fault, not his. The rest of it was a blast. Who knew I could actually love being a passenger. So much fun. We went to Alsea Falls and I'm so glad we went for it. It was beautiful.




When we got home we went to Luc for dinner. We've been wanting to go there for a couple of years now. It was well worth the wait. The atmosphere is romantic, the portions are nice and small and great prices. It will go on our favorite list for sure. I even got to try chocolate souffle for the first time. So delicious, especially once it is paired with a 10 year old white port. Perfection!


Thanks Sean for 23 years of a life I couldn't have custom ordered for myself. I adore you with every ounce of my being. Here's to the next 23!

No comments:

Post a Comment