Monday, March 5, 2012

Time

Today is a cut day from school. I should be sad about it, but I'm not. I've been feeling really overwhelmed lately and so for me, this extra day is the gift of time. Time is something that I'm finding is priceless and so while I don't get paid today, I don't mind at all.

So far with my extra time I've met friends for coffee, caught up on laundry,got myself completely current on school work and paid the bills for the month.

Really today was a small taste of summer. A tease actually because I can't wait. I'm so ready for summer this year. Too much stress has been piling up since my grad school starting last summer, the most challenging class ever and ultimately the loss of Rogue has me exhausted. If it was an option to call it a school year tomorrow, I would.

However, it isn't, so I'll be hanging on, one day at a time until Spring Break. It's been a tough, tough year. But like the flowers starting to poke their little heads up, I'm starting to imagine the sun on my face again. I'm so ready for a little light on my face and in my heart. Come on spring, bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment