Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Break!

It's finally here! Spring Break 2012. We have packed a bunch of fun stuff into it already starting off bright and early Saturday morning with a 10k. It was a benefit run for a friend's wife suffering from Cancer. We woke up to sunshine and it was a pretty amazing day. Sarah, Sean, Madeleine, Gram and I all headed over with everyone participating. The kids ran while Gram played photographer. Madeleine started out with a 1K kids run which she rocked at! It started out with an uphill trail route where she started picking off the competition passing them up the hill. ROCK STAR! Next came the 10K! That's 6.2 miles for those of you who like me struggled with the HS competencies! The turn out was fantastic. Melinda and I ran (Go Team Tortoise) the whole time together and Sarah ran almost the first half with us before she gave up our pokey pace and headed on her own. My friend Erin kicked my ass pushing her one year old in a stroller. Damn, I have got to start doing some speed work. Or get myself a one year old to push around, which is less likely. It was a really cool event, even if I was exhausted the rest of the day, and a great way to kick off the break.

Yesterday Sean's Dad and Crystal came to town and we spent the entire pouring down rain day tootling around, shopping at all their favorite places. We checked out Happy Trails, The Book Bin and then introduced them to both TJ's (Maxx and Trader Joe's) and then took them to Market of Choice. We went out to dinner and then headed back to our respective sleeping spots. I'm currently awaiting everyone waking (cause I don't sleep), so we can go for a hike and hit the OSU bookstore before they take off at lunchtime.

Which is when the best part of the scheduled events happen. We are getting outta dodge ourselves. Sarah found us a great (well according to the pictures, it could be like Summer Rental with John Candy from the 80s for all I know), house on the beach. Two days out of this Popsicle stand.

I'm gonna watch whales, walk on the beach, read a book for FUN, watch movies, play with the kids and not think about my life in the valley for at lease 48 hours.

I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment