Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Bus Whisperer

Oh yeah you're jealous aren't you? Who gets a sweet ass nickname like that? Me! The girl who can locate not one bus but two! What's the big deal you say? Well, it is nearly impossible to get a bus scheduled in the spring because of field trips and spring sports. Which is why I need them. We now have two additional track meets scheduled for two dates in May.

Did I forget to mention the fact that I'm the middle school track coach this year? Um, yeah, more on that later. Anyway, I called the bus garage the day we got our notice and the guy that answered the phone laughed when I gave him my dates. He actually laughed. I asked if there was anyone else I could talk to and he said that he was the boss and therefore he knew the score and "it doesn't look good, there are no buses available!" He then said that I could try e-mailing the secretary but again repeated "it didn't look good." So I did. I talked really, really nice to her and I thanked her for her time before she even had looked at anything for me. Guess what? It turns out what they say about the secretaries and janitors having all the power is exactly right! I've always made it my policy to be friends with them anyway, but this just reinforces it for me! I have two buses scheduled for my middle school track team.

I am, the bus whisperer!

No comments:

Post a Comment