Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lost

It has been an insane few weeks. Turns out changing grades, halls and schedules is much bigger of a deal than I thought possible. I'm 5 weeks in and still trying to find my footing. After 8 years as a teacher, it's really hard to admit I feel like it's my first year again. Luckily I'm on a great team with really supportive co-workers. It's just so bizarre to feel completely out of my element. Plus, 5th graders can actually be kind of jerks. Sorry, that sounds insensitive, but I'm just in a little shell shock.

The rest of life is going really well. Sean and I have been having a blast with Annabelle. She is such a great dog. We couldn't be happier.

We've even run a few races in preparation for the big Rock and Roll Vegas Half in just over 2 months. I actually took first place in my age group in the Timber Ridge 4 miler last weekend. Here's the after shot of me and my former teaching partner Laura, who I miss like crazy.


Next week is one of my absolute favorite races "The Great Pumpkin Run." It's the 22nd annual and I've done it for about the past 12 years or so. I used to walk it, but I've run the past several years. I hope to keep running for many, many years to come.

Honestly, truth be told, running, family and friends are what is keeping me sane in this time of stressful transition. You all know how much I hate change. This overload is about to send me over the edge. Thank goodness for running shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment