Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer Projects!

Today is my first official day of Summer Vacation. I finished up my classroom, report cards and such yesterday (thanks Mom, my room is amazing!) and have a clean break for the summer. Well, except for learning how to teach 4th grade Science, but I can at least start that in August. Anyway, now it is time to start thinking about my summer projects!

First I need to relax enough to get these knots out of my body and the ringing out of my ears. I'm hoping that happens soon. I also have 2 grad classes this summer so they have to be a priority as well. Working around that I have to get going on the rest.

Which starts with this vessel I live in. What the heck happened to my body over the past 8+ weeks since the half marathon? Yikes, so project #1 is "out with the soft.. in with the fit." It sucks that I keep doing this pattern after all these year. I get in shape for something, only to let it go once it passes. Since we have Barrel to Keg in about 5 weeks I have to jump start it now. I'm expected to run 2 legs which could be about 8-12 miles and I think they'd like me to run 3. I'm not planning on doing that cause I want to work on playing the rest of the summer so I need to save my legs for that ability. I saw an infomercial this morning for a program called "INSANITY". It is as the name suggests ridiculous! Super duper boot camp on steroids. I"m tempted to order it. We will see. I'd love to look like those people and it has a calendar of the workouts to do, nutrition to follow. Brainless. My kind of workout!

I'm also going to an informational meeting about a new community triathlon club forming. It says all levels welcome so I'm going to check that out. Stafford said he will go too so it would be nice to have company. I already love biking and running. Of course I hate swimming but that could change.

Today we leave for Sean's 2 day gig with his Dad's band. That should be fun. It will be nice to get out of town for a couple of days before I start grad school on Monday. And my classes are online so that is a huge benefit to this summer school thing.

So to end this rambling, post, things are going to change around here this summer. It's gonna be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment