Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hello Summer

The calendar said today was the first official day of Summer and my pasty white legs in shorts concur.

I celebrated this Summer Solstice with a morning run. Good thing too because I left at 9am and was still hot. My sister didn't fare so well. She stopped by after her run, dripping at 11:00am. Yikes! Of course she ran 2 miles farther than I did. Pesky little sister, she always has to show me up.

From there I dove into the excitement that is my summer term classes. 33 pages of boring journal articles took up most of my day. However I ended my day with a meeting of a new triathlon club starting up in Corvallis. I've always loved the idea of doing a triathlon, but the idea is so daunting. Now though it might be possible with the aid of a new club and an amazing brother in law. We will see.

Tomorrow I will hop on the bike and see how that goes. There is an event at the end of the summer which unfortunately coincides with the the Warrior Dash. I'm not sure if it's possible to change our day of that race or not as it runs both weekend days. If not, I guess I have something to think about.

Regardless, today was an excellent start to the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment