Saturday, August 21, 2010

Crabby!

Yes, this is a happy crab. Of course it is happy, it is a cookie and cookies by nature are happy even if they are shaped like a crab. I picked up this little guy in Bandon on our vacation stop there. Little did I know that he would soon become my mascot for my classroom next year.

Why have I selected a little crab for this role you ask? Well the answer is simple. I have a feeling I'm going to be feeling a little "Crabby" this year! I learned yesterday with 11 registration days still looming out there before the first official day of school that my class enrollment currently stands at 37. With this much time before school starts it is highly likely it will increase from there.

37? Children? In my classroom at the same time? Oh holy hell are you kidding me? It's going to be like herding cats in there. I don't even have enough chairs or tables for that many kids. 37 eight year olds has the potential to be a mob if I'm not careful. They will have name tags until Halloween!

I should have known something was up when I started having my back to school nightmares while actually on vacation with Sean last week. Tonight at dinner my mom asked me if there was anything I was going to need for school this year.

Uh, I'm thinking a Margarita maker would be a nice start.

No comments:

Post a Comment