Saturday, July 30, 2011

FREEDOM-Sweet Freedom!

After 6 weeks in solitary confinement, I'm finally FREE of the confines of Summer Term. No longer will I spend my days sitting on my ass staring at a computer, or an ipad, or reading one of the pages of the 2 reams of paper I went through this term. Nope, I finally slayed that dragon last night.

What to do now that my days are carefree? This is the life of a teacher. Long free summer days, paid for doing nothing. What shall I do with this freedom? Why I could just get in the car and drive until...oh yeah, Tuesday, when I have my first math committee meeting. No matter, I'll leave after that, it will be great why I'll just hit the road and be gone for..6 hours because then I have to go to 3 days of teacher workshops from Wed-Friday. And so the leap frogging goes for the month of August for a teacher.

A good teacher friend once said to me "August is for teacher's what Sunday night is for everyone else." Yes, she is right. You know work is coming. In fact for teachers it actually starts. First trickling in as little workshops, a few days here and there, no big deal until all of a sudden you're two weeks into the month and you find yourself driving to the classroom setting up and planning once again, panicking about how far behind you are.

At least I had half of June and most of July, that's why we really do this job, that sweet freedom of June and July oh that was so wonderful.........DOH!

No comments:

Post a Comment