Sunday, May 1, 2011

Solar Power!

Today was the first sunny day in weeks. I had the pleasure of starting it out with a run with my good friend Laura. After some work on the IT this week and the good weather outside, I was excited to try out a short trail/bike path route to see how the leg is feeling. I don't know if it was the sun, the needles or if it is actually starting to improve but I had the best run I've had in months today. I actually ran three pain free miles. And, I forgot to wear my IT strap I've been wearing for weeks. Craziness I tell you, just craziness. It was hands down the best 3 miles I've had since February.

Lucky too, because that was pretty much the highlight of my day. Oh well, I'll take it. Hopefully the next time I get back out there this week it will feel even stronger. I found a new race I want to do for my birthday next year. I plan on spending the time between now and then building it up.

Here's to the power of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment