Monday, March 4, 2013

I get by with a little help...


The rumors are true. I've been a terrible blogger for quite a while now. Approximately 8 weeks to be exact, going on nine. The good news is, the light has been turned back on at the end of my tunnel. Well, the end of this term's tunnel that is. There still is the whole comprehensive exams light which will be out of commission until at least May. 

I'm not going to sugar coat it either. It's been hell so far. I'm cranky, I'm grouchy and I'm even kind of mean. Nothing pretty here at all. Which is why things like this....

surprise the heck out of me when I get home from work.  At first I thought the Easter bunny was lost and had already hopped through my neighborhood. Nope, my bad, it was in fact a Triple Bunnie that did it. Melinda hopped her way over and left a care package at my door to greet me before I jumped right from the life of teacher to the life of student. A sweet gesture both literally and figuratively. Run Club (don't ask...first rule of Run Club is..don't talk about Run Club) has become my lifeline over the past 9 weeks.

As if one lovely gesture isn't enough for one week, last night as I was spending yet another Sunday on the sofa with my online class I got a text from my trainer/friend that she wondered if her husband could drop something off for me. A month ago on my birthday she said she had found the perfect gift for me and it was on it's way. Well, delivered by hand (how cool is that) right to the same door step was this.....
I am in love with this T-shirt. Seriously! Ever since she started training me I have joked that she gives me "dinosaur arms." When I used to teach 3rd grade PE I always threatened that after our workouts I'd make the kids play T-Rex dodge ball. It sort of stuck and she has been sending me wonderful T-Rex cartoons whenever she comes across them. This shirt is the PERFECT b-day gift for me and I love it.

Finally, I owe the fact that I haven't flunked out this term almost entirely to my amazing husband. Just when I'm about in tears trying to decipher a programing assignment, he says "I know how to do that, we can do it no problem."  Not only does he help me with my work, but he also cooks and picks up the slack around the house. Seriously, I'm a lucky girl. And as if that was not enough.....

He brings me home a bottle of one of my favorites just because I was working on homework and couldn't join him at the tasting.

This posting doesn't even touch on the meals cooked for me by my sister and the constant support of my teaching partner this term. I consider myself to be one lucky girl.

Thanks everyone. I promise to be back to my old self just as soon as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment