Thursday, June 21, 2012

World's Best Job



Today I was in charge of small fry for the day. I started out with introducing her to one of my favorite hangouts for summer coffee. We met up with Uncle Sean and headed to the Brew Station.

I then drug her around on my errands. She kept me entertained with silly 7 year old humor. I kept her interested with the promise of a trip to the craft store when we were done. We have a new JoAnn's Fabric in town and it was amazing to go in there.

She picked out a small sewing kit and some really fun buttons for some fabric she had selected previously. With our newfound loot we went to the last stop of the day to get my tires rotated.

From the tire store we headed back home and waited for Mom to pick us up so we could all go to lunch together. We hit the new Pannera which was delicous. Then a swing back to Madeleines house pick up her fabric to start her projects.

However, a through check of the house did not yeild her fabric. Eventually a broken hearted small fry and I headed back to my place. Bound and determined to find a solution I began opening drawers at my house. It's no secret though that I'm not a crafty girl. I don't even own a sewing machine. However, up until February I did own a dog. A dog who loved Bandanas. What makes a perfect fabric swatch? A former dog bandana. So Small Fry was given a choice of a life time of dog accessories.

I'm so excited to see what it will look like when she is done!




All in all a most excellent day, and it's not over yet. We are headed for pedicures in just about an hour. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment