Sunday, June 10, 2012

There it is!

The finish line is in sight. I can't barely make it out through the boxes and keystrokes and stacks of ungraded papers. It's there, just beyond the spring crazed children, the parents expectations and the obligatory celebrations. It's hard to see it through my blood-shot eyes from my swirling brain all night, but it's there.

I haven't seen this particular finish line in many years now. It's been out of rotation for a few years, but this year the finish line ends with....wait for it......Summer. I know right? You're thinking, duh lady. But what you don't know is that for the past 4 years I've busted my ass all summer long working on my Master's Degree so that I can keep teaching the rest of the year. So for me, Summer just meant more school. This year though I've got the Golden Ticket. There's nothing on my plate for work or grad school again until August. That's about 8 free weeks for me. I have no idea what the heck I'm going to do with time like that. With all the nervous energy that I've managed to spin to a fever pitch over the past trimester of hell, I'll probably manage to remodel the house by the end of June.

For now I concentrate on navigating the insanity that is my to-do list. Living this week all in the moment just to get through. I will keep looking at that finish line and plodding my way there. I guess I'll start by finishing up my grad class today. One baby step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment