Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Great Escape



For my birthday last week Sean surprised me with a weekend get away to Cannon Beach. I hadn't ever been there and now I wonder how that could have ever happened. The trip itself took almost 3 hours which was kind of a bummer on a Friday night. By the time we go there we almost qualified for late check in and only got to enjoy a few hours of our first night there.

However, the place we stayed was amazing. It was called the Blue Gull Inn and it was an adorable row of little cottage like houses or duplexes in our case. It had a huge living space with a gas fireplace, a real Jacuzzi tub,separate bedroom and full kitchen. It was just about a block away from the beach too so it was easy to get to the sand. We only made it down to the beach once because it was pretty stormy and actually started to snow while we were there.

The town itself is absolutely adorable! There were great little shops, tons of galleries and two brew pubs. Top that off with donuts and the best coffee shop I've ever found and it was one successful weekend.

My favorite part was the fireplace. I'm already trying to figure out how we can afford to put one in here!I forgot how relaxing those things can be. A quick flip of a switch and you have instant atmosphere. Why I didn't have Sean take a picture of me relaxing in front of the fireplace is beyond me. I could refer back to it whenever my real life starts kicking in again.

Anyway, we got to see snow, we spent a weekend just relaxing and refreshing and having a great time in a place I've never been before.

Will we go again? Oh hell yes we will. Cannon Beach is in my new top 5 places to visit as often as possible. We need a little break from real life to keep us grounded!

All in all this birthday rates a 10! From the perfect day itself to the culminating great escape, I loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment