Thursday, December 8, 2011

TGIO

Thank God it's Over!

What you ask? The worst damn grad class I've even taken. In a little twist of irony I somehow missed my core classes and so I'm forced to take them at the end of my grad program. I'd say that my classes would have been easier had I taken these first, but it's not true. These are the hard ones. They must be used to weed people out of the program. Oh well.

In another demonstration of irony, this class was called Theory of Communication. It was by far the worst class I have ever taken due completely to the complete lack of ability to communicate on the part of my professor. He spent the entire term spewing theory and then telling us how incorrectly we applied them. Not unexpected, it's new and difficult material. Arduous if you will. The problem is, he never gave any examples of proper application. I received feed back after feedback all term long about my weak arguments. No examples of strong arguments mind you.

I've spent the past 6 days writing a 10 page final trying to apply 8 Communication theories to a 60 second PSA on River Safety.

I fear my GPA is completely toast due to this class, but the exhaustion I feel right now is like nothing I've felt in years. At this point I don't even give a shit. I'm just glad it's over.

One class closer to keeping my job. At this rate I'll be finished just about the time I turn in my resignation.

No comments:

Post a Comment