Saturday, October 1, 2011

Priorities?

Yesterday was payday. I haven't received a paycheck in 3 months. This year to save money, the district paid us all our summer checks in one big chunk at the end of June. Now, giving me all my summer pay at once was not a good idea. However, I did a great job budgeting it out until we had our Rogue crisis and then all bets were off. So, the end of my summer was spent pinching pennies.

Fast forward to the committee work I did this summer and a tiny raise (which was then offset by cut days) and I received a nice chunk of real money in the bank yesterday. I've been dreaming about what I'd do once I received that check. I thought of shoes, of new clothes, of food not prepared by Sean or myself.

So what did I do with my new found wealth? I bought a hideous day glow yellow running rain jacket so I can be seen now that it is Oregon fall. Dark, wet and cold, yuck. I got it for a song though, so that is awesome. Yay for the clearance rack! Apparently this is last year's model. This year day glow orange is all the rage. No matter. I'm still just trying to figure out what happened to make this a priority for me. Seriously? Ugly by choice?

I guess keeping the demons at bay through running is trumping any idea I may have had about fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment