Friday, October 14, 2011

Give me an F

-R-I-D-A-Y!

Normally Friday is one of my favorite words anyway. But this week it's a state-wide in-service day for teachers. What that means is that it is a day in which teachers have the opportunity to take workshops all over the state aimed at bettering their craft. My district in their infinite wisdom decided to make it a non-contract day. This means we don't get paid today. Did I mention most of the workshops cost anywhere from $50 to $500 dollars? My thought is that if I'm not getting paid to work, I'm not going to pay someone else to teach me something. Seems like digging a hole.

I've decided to better my craft today by spending the day playing, catching up on my grad school reading and generally having a fantastic time. How will this improved my student's education as originally intended?

Well, I'll be less likely to be a raging bitch come Monday. In fact, I think I"m thinking happier thoughts about the children and my job already!

No comments:

Post a Comment