Monday, June 28, 2010

Higher Learning? A Matter of Degrees!

It is 9:54pm. I have been up since 6:25am. It's summer, it's beautiful outside. Or so I hear. I wouldn't know because all I see is my computer screen. This is the curse that is summer session of a grad program. I have spent the past 3 hours researching outdated journal articles. The irony of an educational technology degree using resources that are old has not escaped me. At least I'm not doing my research on an amber screen or saving to a floppy drive.

Now I know why Sean never wanted to quit any of his IT jobs to go back to college. He always said if he quit and went back to school he would fall behind. Never have truer (is that even a word?) words been spoken.

Good thing I don't have to worry about falling behind technology wise. Most likely my 3rd grade students will enlighten me come September. If not, while I'll soon have a Master's Degree in Information Technology to add to my name, I can always ask my high school graduate source. Turns out his information is the most cutting edge of all.

Irony..I'll laugh at this one for a while. Well, until my next student loan payment comes due.

No comments:

Post a Comment