Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Burning the Candle

True confession time. When I signed up for my last two grad school classes I knew it would be a challenge.  Sean even predicted that it would be all consuming. I thought for certain I could swing it. I knew I'd be busy, but I've been busy before. I've taken two grad classes before. It was in the summer and was a short term so it was crazy too.  I thought this was going to be no big deal.

I was wrong. This is by far the hardest I have ever worked in my entire grad school experience. My Geospacial Tech. class is so far out of my comfort zone and my design class is work, work, work. Luckily I'm married to a genius who is helping me like crazy but still. Between battling my first year in a new job and my final coursework in this degree, I barely have time to breathe. Throw in a bunch of kids who are growing some lovely attitudes these days and everyday I don't throttle someone is a miracle.

Four words: breath hard and run far. I must keep this in mind to maintain my sanity for the remaining 6 weeks this term.

I apologize in advance to my friends and family whom are seeing the less than attractive side of my personality. I promise I will take Summer (not spring, that's study for comprehensive exams hell time) to make it up to you. Just remember you love me in the meantime when I'm less than lovable.


1 comment: