Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

You have to love a day that starts like this. The second annual Ross participation in the Turkey Trot, a local fun run to benefit families in need. We pushed ourselves into the 10k race this year. That worked out well for both of us.

I ended up with my first ever 2nd place in my age group. Wow, who knew getting older could be so great for me. What you see there is my first ever Corvallis race ribbon and a tasty bag off Great Harvest rolls. Nice prize considering I don't really like pie! Win-win! Before I could feel too big for my britches over my win I also want to share the other news.

This is the 2012 Turkey Trot 10K Master's Champion. While I beat out all but one female in the 40-44 age group, this handsome man beat every single man over age 40 in the entire 10k race. Woohoo. I'm married to a rock star. I already knew that but it's nice for him to get the recognition. This picture does not do his trophy justice. If you want to see it better you can check it out here:
 Sean's Trophy

How does a couple top a start to a day like this? Well we round up our favorite people and celebrate all that we have to be thankful for. Boy do I love this motley crew.





Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful day doing what you love with those you love. This holiday is going to be a very hard act to follow!






No comments:

Post a Comment