Saturday, September 3, 2011

Labor Day Weekend! Wait..what?

Yikes, it's Labor Day Weekend already. How did this happen? Where did summer go to? All these thoughts are running through my head and then the big one hits.

The children are coming. Like the early victims in a horror movie I want to run up the staircase screaming, but Tuesday will only stalk me up the stairs and then, there is no way to survive.

I guess I better carve some time out of my party filled weekend of house cleaning and dog worrying to actually plan what I'm going to do with 26 cute little faces after the morning of unpacking and labeling all of their supplies (really parents, can't you write their frickin name on things?) comes to a close.

My principal made it crystal clear in his "un-welcome" back letter this year that there are to be no wasted minutes in school this year with anything fun. We are all about the instructional minutes available to prepare the students for the end of the year tests. Good times, good times.

Did I mention we had to read the FISH book which is about the Seattle Fish Market where the people choose their attitude and make work fun? Do these two readings seem contradictory to you (the unwelcome letter and the book?) Yeah, me too.

Maybe I'll teach the kids compare and contrast first this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment