Monday, May 5, 2014

Clean in 30 Challenge- Day 1

I spent a lot of time yesterday prepping for success for today. Good thing I did because as usual I was late getting out the door. Thank goodness my food was already ready.


I started my day with mini-egg loafs and strawberries and blueberries. Delicious. The egg loafs have bacon and spinach in them. 


By the time lunch came around I was starving. I had a spinach and prosciutto salad with cantaloupe and avocado. The dressing was balsamic and olive oil made myself. Again, delicious.

When I got home I ate a banana while prepping the stuffing for the chicken breasts for dinner. Then I hit the spin bike for ONE HOUR of spin and core work. OUCH. It felt good to be back but damn that was hard.

The challenge of Day 1 for non-food was 90 seconds of tap squats. I did 34. Then I had to see how many push ups I could do in 2 minutes. The answer was 26, barely. On my knees.  Sensi Donadio would have my belts back if he knew how far I've slipped.

Dinner, chicken breast stuffed with artichoke hearts, water chestnuts, sun dried tomatoes, rosemary, pine nuts, garlic and paprika. Served with asparagus. Um, yes please and thank you very much.

So far so good. I'm really struggling with the idea of all this meat. I'm going to cut out the salty meat for a while. It's tough for me to drink all my water, but I'm working on that too.

I sure hope this works. I also hope that my hunger signals mid morning and mid afternoon disappear. That could get old really quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment