Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Auntie's Choice




I am a wife, aunt, sister, daughter, teacher and friend. These are just a few of the roles that help to define me in this life. However, since November the one that I have enjoyed the most because of it's long absence is that of Aunt. As you can see, I have been working tirelessly to make up for lost time. I'm instilling the value of a good cup of coffee and cultivating their taste for the perfect donut (which for the record continues to be Voodoo, but that doesn't stop the quest). We ride bikes, attend sporting events, watch movies and spend endless hours together. I've been to gymnastic programs, track meets and band concerts. I pay for The Little Gym lessons and I rent a trombone every month. I adore being an aunt and wouldn't give it up for anything.

So imagine my horror when I learned last week that tomorrow night is the Spring Concert. What's that you say? So what you say? Oh, sorry, let me clarify that... it's the Spring Concerts. As in two. One for the Zach, one for Madeleine. On the same night within 30 minutes of each other. WTF? It's like Sophie's Choice! How am I supposed to be able to choose which event to go to when it is between the two children I love the most on this planet.

Seriously Corvallis School District 509J, you couldn't make sure that the middle school and a feeder elementary school didn't have a concert on the same night. I'm betting the Johnson's aren't the only family with kids at both schools. Nice calendar committee real nice.

Guess I'm going to have to scrap my lesson plans for the day for my Albany kiddos and get them on a rush project to invent me a teleporter that can get me to two places at once. Given our clear aptitude for such things it shouldn't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment