Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vacation State of Mind



It's the end of the fourth quarter of summer vacation. One week is all I have to get about a million things done before returning to my regular work schedule on Monday, August 29th. Yet all I can think of is the fact that this is still vacation time for me. I'm trapped in the painted hills. I begin a project, pull things out of a closet, start the laundry and then the longing begins and I go for a bike ride. Yesterday I scheduled my projects around a mt. bike ride, a wine tasting and yet another ride. This is not good.

It is a very fine line this fun vs. responsibility. On the one hand if I go straight for the project completion and forgo the fun, then I will head back into a very stressful school year feeling resentful. But if I go the other way and have one last week of fun then I re-enter the school year faced with the things that I know will drive me crazy!

But 7 days is such a short time. I actually counted the number of days I had off this summer between full time grad school and work commitments since school has gotten out. 14 days. Not 3 months, not 2 nor even 1 this year. 14 days of summer for Mrs. Ross this year.

Hmm, with that knowledge I think I just talked myself into at least one more day of vacation fun. Besides, this is the weekend. Everyone gets weekends off right?

No comments:

Post a Comment